Join our Blankets 4 Kids Blanket Bees. We will have kits available to sew; otherwise there is always plenty of handwork to layer and tie quilts, or cutting and pressing to be done. Quilt kits and SOME other supplies will be provided. Bring your sewing machine and basic sewing supplies. Also, crochet or knit a blanket (see guidelines/patterns ProjectLinus.org).
January 3, Thursday 12p – (5+ hours) ~ please RSVP
* Mondays after school: 1/14, 1/28, 2/4, 2/11, 2/25, 3/3, 3/10, 3/24, 3/31 (3hr ea).
* The Meeting ?dates? will be posted – RSVP confirmation to obtain location, etc. The Mondays not listed there is no school, we may meet for a workday, location to be determined.
WORKDAY NOTE: NO food/drinks allowed in immediate sewing area, covered water bottles are preferred; Snacks to share are appreciated – Please confine to the ‘snack” area ~ thanks!
Denim Drive RE: NO SEW fleece blankets – Note: please do NOT double layer
- Donations: blanket making supplies: NEW100% cotton fabric, batting, or non- wool yarn (PEARL COTTON). GIFT CARDS WELCOME.
BASIC SEWING SUPPLIES:
- Scissors or thread snips
- Seam ripper
- Straight pins and pin cushion
- Sewing needles
- Optional: Rotary cutter, ruler and Mat
- Cutting mats and rulers are available in the workshop on a share basis. If you have your own--please bring them.
- A sewing machine with a walking foot if possible.
Make a blanket. Donate it. All blankets should be handmade and washable:
- No pins left in blankets. Please double check.
- No thread tails or runs of thread between stitching lines. Cut off that extra sewing thread so it doesn't get wrapped around a toe or finger.
- All seams securely stitched. If quilt is bound, the binding catches all edges and covers all raw edges and quilt batting.
- Tied blankets - tied with bedspread weight crochet thread (PEARL COTTON) or embroidery floss. Do not tie with yarn.
- All new blanket materials, machine washable and machine dryable.
- No pet hair, cigarette smoke or other contaminants in or on the blankets.
- Include your name and contact info with your blankets. Project Linus needs Volunteer info for recordkeeping and will keep your information confidential.
Additional opportunities ~ WORK DATES AND LOCATIONS:
Project Linus Kc Chapter Make a Blanket Day
Interested? We will arrange carpooling.
RSVP to toni by Feb. 10 via email ~ Quiltnbookmom@hotmail.com
Take 470 Hwy to
More Volunteer Opportunity information on Project Linus.org/Kc chapterSTARLIGHT QUILTERS QUILD:
Meetings: Fourth Tuesday
Countryside Christian Church,
(Renee at 913-262-0908)
January 22, 2008
Sharing With The World—
A Trunk Show & More
(See the Starlight Calendar online)